Modern websites are no longer confined to just HTML and simple web elements like texts, images and buttons. Websites today feature rich internet applications on their pages like photo galleries, blogging platforms and forum applications. That is why site owners wonder, “How do I include one of them on my site?”.FatCow hosting answers this question.
FatCow is a popular web hosting provider that features unique hosting services at an affordable price. Their regular price is at $3.15 per month, lower than conventional hosting prices today. Some of the services you’ll get at this very low price are the following:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- Free domain name for one year
- Quick-install online store apps
- An awesome website builder
- Reliable customer support
- Free marketing credits.
- Install Central
You can think of install central as the marketplace of scripts and applications for websites. It is where you’ll find numerous web applications which can be added to your website. The best thing about this tool is its quick-install feature. With just one click, you can already enjoy the application you selected on your own site. FatCow uses this unique installer to allow its hosting account owners to customize their websites and integrate new features hassle-free.
In the past, adding applications to a website is a very challenging task. You’ll need webmasters to do it for you lest you end up ruining your whole site. This is because applications and scripts must be embedded on the site’s source code and several files must be added to your server’s directory. One mistake in placing the code can completely mess up your site. Nowadays, web applications can now be downloaded and installed on websites.
Although it lets you add applications without touching the codes and scripts, this procedure also takes a lot of effort and time depending on the size of the application you want to install. These are all eliminated by Install Central. There you’ll find the most commonly used and installed applications ready for integration. Just click on which script you want to install and follow the instructions.
1. Content Management Systems/CMS
2. Blogging Software
3. Photo Gallery Applications
- Gallery 2
4. Forum Applications
5. E-Commerce Tools
6. Other Applications
- All you need to do is log in to your hosting account with FatCow. Upon logging in, the control panel is the first thing you’ll see. Just scroll down until you see the “InstallCentral” icon.
- Just click on it and you’ll be directed to a page where a list of scripts and applications is displayed.
- Simply choose which one you want to add to your website and then click the “Begin Installation” button.
- Follow the instructions on the next page and enter some information like the installation directory.
- Click “Install” and just wait until the installation is finished. That’s it; you can already use the application you installed.