Wouldn’t it be nice to have your own email address for your website? It gives your site that professional look and people might even think that your site is as big as Yahoo! or Gmail. But seriously, getting an email address is associated to your domain is one of the best perks you get with a web hosting account. And to access them, you will need a Webmail.
Email accounts are also called POP accounts in the world of web hosting. POP stands for Post Office Protocol because it works like your regular post office – it fetches messages that are intended for you. But instead of letters and post cards, they fetch email messages. Email/POP accounts are created through your web host’s control panel.
As mentioned, you may create a number of email accounts for your hosting account unless your web host placed a cap on it. POP accounts differ from conventional email addresses because it uses the name of your site or domain instead of the email provider’s name like Yahoo!, Hotmail and Gmail.
It looks something like this: [email protected] The word email represents the name of your email account and you can create different accounts with different names like [email protected] and sales[email protected] You can use a different account for each of your department or even employee for easier email management.
Started in 2001, InMotion web hosting has been providing outstanding hosting service to thousands of websites. Unlike other web hosts that offer only shared hosting services, InMotion offers a more flexible set of hosting options. It allows users to purchase more advanced hosting services such as VPS (or Virtual Private Server) and dedicated hosting.
Its features are unmatched and for only $5.95 per month, you’ll get to experience the following services:
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- A free FTP account
- Modern website builders and admin control panel
- Shared SSL certificate
- Google checkout
- Get free advertising credits care of Yahoo!, Google and Bing.
- Plus 6 parked domains and 25 subdomains
Once you’ve created email accounts, the next thing you need to do is access them. There are many options for checking your POP accounts.
- First, you can use a local email client on your computer like Mirosoft Outlook or Mac Mail and connect them to your email account. This way, your email messages are automatically sent to your computer.
- Second, you can use web-based email clients such as Gmail and configure it to directly access your email account. There’s a helpful tutorial on InMotion’s site for this.
- Third, you can use your smartphones like iPhone and Android Phones for email-checking. Finally, you can also use a tool called “Webmail” to manage your email account.
A webmail differs from these other options because it allows you to access your email messages without need of configuring your device or email client or installing any software. All you need is a web browser and you can already log in to your email account. InMotion’s webmail is automatically available for users who created email/POP accounts.
To change your PHP version on InMotion Hosting just follow these steps:
- Log in to your InMotion Hosting account which will direct you to cPanel.
- Look for the “PHP Configuration” icon and open it.
- On the next page, you can now select the PHP version by using the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Update” button to confirm your selection.
To know more about PHP and other PHP functions, just visit InMotion’s support center and watch their video tutorials.