Technically, you get listed on top or get a higher ranking if your site gets visited often, meaning the more visits your site gets and the more searches your site hits, the higher will be your ranking in the SERP. Search engines call these visits “hits”. It is important where your site ranks during a search as it is essential in directing more visitors or traffic to it. It works vice-versa, the higher your site is ranked, the more traffic it gets and the more traffic it gets, the higher the site will be ranked in the natural organic results of a search.
Since this website rank is essential in attracting and getting more visitors, SEO has become an effective and important internet marketing strategy since it puts into consideration what people search for, the search terms and keywords used in the actual search and which search engines are preferred by the users.
This enables webmasters and web developers to edit their content and its associated coding to increase its relevance to specific keywords. Basically, Search Engine Optimization involves site promotion and is vital in the future success or downfall of a website.
Although WebHostingHub offers Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services in relation with their PrestaShop eCommerce site, it does not offer the same service to their hosting package, per se. What it does offer are advertising credits worth $200 to some of the major search engines and social media like the Google Adwords Service, Bing, Yahoo Search and Twitter.
Technically, search engines automatically index or “crawl” each new website so even if you do not intentionally submit your site to the search engines, they are indeed indexed in the search engine’s directories.
But to make sure that your site is scanned faster and has a better chance of getting a higher ranking, you should submit it to the search engines. This is not a requirement but is highly recommended to help your site be ranked and be found faster during searches. To add your website for free to the Search Engines, you need to visit the following pages:
- http://www.addme.com/; and
There are literally hundreds of guides written and posted on the net on how to optimize your website for better chances in search engine searches. This is but proper and for the best of everybody since SEO is a very good and very efficient online marketing strategy. Always remember that the goal of Search Engine Optimization is to increase your visibility in the Search Engines and attract more visitors to your site.
To greatly increase your Search Engine Optimization, here is a list of some of the most important aspects that should be given focus. These are:
- Always provide original content for your website. For one thing, plagiarism is a big no-no in the website industry. Posting plagiarized contents can most likely result to your site being blacklisted. Keep your information fresh and original and visitors are sure to visit your site again and again, creating backlink and further increasing your SEO.
- Make sure that your site has no broken links. Once a search engine happens to find a broken link in your site during a routine crawl, it may rank your site down and could bring a negative impact to it. Always make sure that links are working and takes the visitors to the site where the link is supposed to connect.
- Keep your site active and updated. It is important to note that the more active your website is, the higher the rank of your site will be. Keeping the site’s contents updated means that your site is kept active and could get a higher SEO ranking.
- Use proper Keywords on your webpage. This includes using Keywords in your URL, Title and Header Tags. This makes it easy for search engines to index your site during the crawl process as it describes your website and your product or service. If your product is about bed and breakfast, make sure that the “bread and breakfast” is found in your webpage title and header. Also, if you use internal links, it is vital that you use the keyword in the hyperlinked text.
- Always keep your site clean and virus free. Nobody wants to visit a virus infested site and no search engine would want to give a good ranking to a site that poses a threat and danger to other sites. Periodically check and scan your sites for possible virus and other forms of threats.