If you are using a shared host, you have absolute control over your website. It means that whatever will be the content of your website is definitely based on your discretion. On the other hand, this does not mean that you also have control over the actions of the server. That is a completely separate matter. Your service provider is the one responsible for the actions of the server that is being used by you and several other users found on the same server. Some web hosting plans put ads on websites while some do not. If you want to have an ad free website, you must choose a paid hosting plan. This way, you will have the power to remove any ads that your service provider will put on your site.
Who are recommended to use shared hosting?
Shared hosting is the type of web hosting where different users share a single server. Various users on the same server also share resources such as the server’s memory and processor. With these limitations, you must keep in mind that this type of web hosting service is not recommended for everyone. Some people who have progressive technical skills might want a web host that can provide them with more advanced features. So, before you choose a web hosting service, you must incorporate your needs and capability to the type of web host that you are planning to use. The following people are those who are more appropriate to utilize shared hosting services:
- Personal bloggers
- People who are maintaining a low-traffic website
- People that prefer a cheaper hosting package with reasonable efficiency
- Medium to small business proprietors
- People who wantan easy-to-use web host
- People who want to manage and control their website in terms of adding or removing ads
What can a shared hosting plan offer you?
It is established that a shared hosting plan lets you share a single server with hundreds of other users. You share resources, memory and processor. Basically, the only thing not the same with you and other users is the content of each website. Besides these restrictions, there are other things that you need to know about using a shared host if you ever plan on using one. These are a few things you need to remember if you plan to purchase a shared hosting plan:
- Make sure that sharing a single server with other users is fine with you. Otherwise, you might want to consider a more expensive option.
- If you are a practical person, using a shared host is definitely the one for you. Since many users are sharing a single server, it also means that they partake in the cost. That is why shared hosts are fairly cheaper than other web hosts. On the other hand, you must also take into consideration that the company that offers the shared host also provides features that can satisfy your needs.
- Most plans only enable you to have one site on your account. The good thing is some shared hosting plans enable you to have several websites in your account. So, to get the most out of the plan you will choose, you must also compare different hosting providers with each other and check which company suits you the best.
- Since you are sharing resources and other factors with other users, there is a huge possibility that the actions of other users, especially if it is disastrous, can affect your individual website. For instance, one of the users is generating a huge amount of traffic. This action can cause your website to slow down or lag.
- One great benefit that shared hosting offers is that it handles the server’s maintenance. This means that you no longer have to worry about your server. It is being taken care of by your service provider.
Are there any shared hosting service providers who offer an advertisement free website?
Usually, to have an ad free website, service providers require additional payment or an upgrade to your website. While these providers place ads on your site without permission, there are certain companies that offer an entirely advertisement free website. Here are some of them: